MAKE A CHARITABLE DONATION
When you support the East Lake Foundation, you are helping to deliver immediate impact to children and families, build success for future generations and fuel a model that inspires other communities across the country.
- Charitable donations are tax-deductible
- Gifts may be designated to support a specific program to align with employee volunteer activities
- The Foundaiton accepts a wide range of giving options (check, credit card and/or stock). Addtionally, one-time gifts, pledges or monthly giving schedules may be established
If your company is interested in making a donation, please click here.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS PROGRAM
Did you know that more than 15 million employees work for companies with matching gift programs and more than $10 billionis left on the table annually? Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs created by corporations in which the company matches donations made by its employees. You can double or even triple the impact of your donation to the East Lake Foundation by utilizing the matching gift programs that are in place at your company! We would appreciate it if you would take five minutes to click here to see if your employer will double your donation or contact your HR department for access guidelines and relevant forms.
Please email us for more information.
EMPLOYEE VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
East Lake is able to offer corporate employees a wide range of volunteer activities. Whether for an individual, or as a group team-building exercise, East Lake has opportunities that will accommodate various interests and schedules. Some of the most popular volunteer activities include:
- The First Tee® of East Lake –Participate in a nine-hole golf outing with The First Tee of East Lake at the Charlie Yates Golf Course and experience the real meaning of our community motto “Golf with a Purpose.”
- College and Career Readiness– A college readiness program for Drew Charter School students. Opportunities include participating in a mock job fair, hosting a student during a job shadowing day, assisting with college essays and applications, and facilitating resume writing and mock interviews.
- Start:ME East Lake - A micro-entrepreneurship program for residents in the East Lake and Kirkwood neighborhoods. Opportunties include one-on-one mentorship during the 14-week program.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, or to schedule an activity, please contact our Special Events and Volunteer Manager at 404-373-4351.
- Friends of The First Tee of East Lake – Ideal for young professionals, the Friends board and committees are comprised of community leaders with an appreciation for golf and a desire to make a positive impact in the lives of East Lake youth. Individuals must serve on one of four committees (Nominating & Governance, Fundraising, Volunteer and Mentoring) for two years before being eligible to serve on the board. Board terms are for three years with an option to renew for an additional two years of service. For more information, please click here.
- 691 Society - Established in 2013, the 691 Society is a standing, by-invitation organization of 50 inaugural members who participate in full-year fundraising, service and business networking events in support of the East Lake Foundation, with particular emphasis on the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola. “691” symbolizes golfing legend Bobby Jones’ locker number at historic East Lake Golf Club. For more information on The 691 Society please click here.
For more information regarding leadership opportunities for corporate employees, please click here.
Sponsor an Event
The East Lake Foundation hosts a wide variety of events and programs throughout the year. Visit our sponsorship page to learn more.
East Lake has become a national model for community revitalization. Through its sister organization, Purpose Built Communities (PBC), other cities across the country are transforming their neighborhoods utilizing the East Lake framework. There are currently eight cities in various stages of holistic redevelopment including New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Birmingham. The East Lake Foundation works very closely with PBC and its members to share best practices and programs. The East Lake Foundation would be happy to make introductions to other PBC members located in cities in which the corporation has offices with hopes that similar partnerships can be replicated in those areas. For more information, please visit purposebuiltcommunities.org.
The East Lake Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
Please contact our development office with any questions: (404) 974-4512 or email [email protected].